Folks ask how we use Demon Dust. We have lots of ways, but here's a recipe from one of our customers. It blends spicy with sweet. Awesome flavor with just the right touch of heat. Here goes!
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (or maybe a bit more)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Demon Dust (less for less bite ... more for, well, more bite!)
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (dark or dark/light mix)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 oz dark chocolate - crushed into chip size chunks
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Whisk oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, Demon Dust, and sunflower seeds together in a bowl
- Beat butter until creamy in electric mixer on medium-high speed; add brown sugar gradually
- Continue beating until light and fluffy
- Beat in vanilla until well mixed, then beat in the egg
- Add about 1/3 of the flour and mix at low speed
- Gradually add remaining flour until well blended
- Add chocolate chunks
- Bake cookies on parchment paper for about 13 minutes
- Place cookies and parchment paper on rack to cool
(note: for thinner, wider cookies, bake immediately; for thicker cookies, chill dough for at least 2 hours)
Makes about 5 dozen 1½" cookies.
Gather friends and family, share and enjoy. Goes beautifully with a nice cup of coffee (lots of cream), vanilla ice cream (maybe even making ice cream sandwiches!), or just snacking.
Recipe provided by Nobska Farms customer, Jim Henderson. Thanks, Jim!