Previously, we have talked about dry rub for
chicken. Here we offer a dry rub developed by one of our customers for beef brisket. The rub uses Nobska Farms™ Ghost Peppers.
It creates a spicy, delicious crust on the brisket with good flavor permeating into the meat. Let's go!
Ghost Pepper Dry Rub for Brisket
- 1/8 cp black pepper
- 1/2 cp salt
- 1/4 cp brown sugar
- 1/4 cp crystallized ginger
- 1 TBL chili powder
- 2 TBL ground mustard
- 1 TBL garlic powder
- 1 tsp Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Pepper) powder
- 1 tsp Trinidad Scorpion powder
- Blend all ingredients into a fine powder
- Put rub in shaker and use for dusting brisket
- Diagonally score brisket on both sides
- Dust meat and let sit for one hour in refrigreator
- Smoke meat in Weber or other smoker with indirect heat
- While cooking, re-apply rub occasionally
- For tenderest brisket, heat should be low and slow, about 225°
- Cook until internal temperature is about 185° - cooking time 1 1/2 to 2 hours per pound
See one of the many links on the web for smoking brisket. Use the Ghost Pepper Dry Rub described here to add some zing to your next brisket.
Thanks to Peter Cook for sharing this rub that he developed.